Full Time: Extendable contract offered by HR Partner (Metabyte)
Immediately Hiring a Transportation and Production Supervisor!
Samsung SDS is looking to add a Production Supervisor to oversee and facilitate the drayage operations of their Plano, TX location! You will effectively monitor and manage the shipment processes.
As a Production Supervisor, you will manage relationships with carriers and monitor delivery schedules. This role is a critical support function and plays a key role in driving growth through effective execution.
SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY BELOW! You may learn more about us on our company website, but please do not call our office regarding job applications. #SDSLC1
- Monitor and manage the drayage process of shipment movement: Receive Arrival Notices, ISF information before port arrival of vessel, create and send delivery (work) order
- Manage relationships with selected drayage carriers and make urgent communication in case of emergency
- Search plan B drayage carriers in case of lack of capacities
- Share daily container delivery schedules with drayage carriers
- Analyze, create, edit, track and trace select LSPs such as drayage carriers, rail companies, rail terminals
- Monitor and drive improvement to customer service goals including on-time delivery, product lead-times, and request-for-quote responsiveness
- In case to use pre-pull yard, find the best solutions in time
- Report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for drayage deliveries
- Checking the delivery status and share with customers
- Document corrective actions and improvement plans properly, and verify plan's effectiveness
- Perform other transportation coordinator related duties as required
- 2+ years of transportation or supply chain logistics experience
- Strong understanding of international transportation (especially ocean shipping) / forwarding industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, PP, Word
- Able to work with teams and problem solve
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Able to travel up to 20% in domestic and international