Samsung SDS is looking to add Ocean Inbound Dispatchers to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of their Plano, TX warehouse! You will effectively manage goods and keep transportation running smoothly.
You will work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure environmental and social sustainability of logistics operations. This role plays a critical support function for driving growth through effective execution.
SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY BELOW! You may learn more about us on our company website, but please do not call our office regarding job applications. #SDSLC1
Responsibilities for Ocean Inbound Dispatchers
- Monitor and manage the drayage process of shipment movement (receive Arrival Notices, ISF information before port arrival of vessel, create and send delivery(work) order)
- Manage relationships with selected drayage carriers and make urgent communication in case of emergency
- Search plan B drayage carriers in case of lack of capacities
- Share with daily container delivery schedules with drayage carriers
- Analyze, create, edit, track and trace select LSPs such as drayage carriers, rail companies, rail terminals
- Monitor and drive improvement to customer service goals including on-time delivery, product lead-times, and request-for-quote responsiveness
- In case to use pre-pull yard, find the best solutions in time
- Report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for drayage deliveries
- Checking the delivery status and share with customers
- Document corrective actions and improvement plans properly, and verify plan’s effectiveness.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, as required.
- Perform other job related duties as required
Requirements for Ocean Inbound Dispatchers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Min 5 Years of Relevant Experience
- Strong understanding of international transportation (especially ocean shipping) / freight forwarding industry
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Experience in establishing a transport plan that can optimize loading rate, transport time and logistics cost
- Ability to manage within goals by considering in time, budget and business objectives
- Analytical/focused/data-driven coupled with creative problem solving
- Strong cross-functional teamwork, collaboration, interpersonal, with excellent written and verbal skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite and other applications
- Prioritization skill, able to shift focus to urgent issues while not falling behind on other duties
- Ability to travel up to 20% in domestic and international