Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant
Dr. Chandan Saw DO
Mountain View, CA 9404
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour + paid time off
Full Job Description
Responsible for the operations and administration side of a medical office to ensure office is running smoothly.
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties, answering patients' questions, and maintaining the reception area.
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, and scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
Experience & Skills
A rockstar candidate would ideally have medical receptionist/medical assistant experience. Preferably 1-5+ years and the following skills and traits:
- EMR (clinical works)
- Telephone skills
- Customer service
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Word processing
- Quality focus
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.