Front Desk Medical Receptionist
Silicon Valley TMS
San Francisco, CA 94132
Pay rate: $17 - $20 or more per hour depending on experience
Job type: Part-time. M-F regular business hours
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off, retirement plan
Saad A. Shakir, M.D. & Associates and Silicon Valley TMS is an integrated multidisciplinary private medical practice with 5 locations, (San Jose, San Francisco, Mountain View, Pleasanton and Santa Cruz) seeking a part-time Front Desk Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant to work in the San Francisco Office.
They are also looking for a full-time Front Desk Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant in their San Jose office.
For the San Jose position, please apply here instead.
Seeking a candidate with good patient interaction skills who is able to multitask on our busy and dynamic medical practice which provides services from our psychiatrists, psychologists, and a thriving TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) treatment.
- New patients phone intakes
- Patients inquiries
- Checking voicemails
- Verifying insurance coverage, and benefits for patients
- Collecting payments, copayments or any balance they might have, etc.
- Taking vitals signs, intake information.
- Be a backup TMS technician. Training and certification provided.
- Front Desk or Medical Assistant at Medical Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Candidates with mental health background are highly preferred
- Good customer service skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication and organization
- Attention to detail
- Outgoing personality
- Team player
- Medical billing knowledge
- Medical assistant skills
- Good patient interaction skills
- Ability to multitask
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.