Samsung SDS is looking to add a Logistics Operator to support, oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of their Austin, TX warehouse! Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global market with unique logistics services.
As a Logistics Operator you will effectively manage goods and keep transportation running smoothly by implementing processes on Cello, Samsungs integrated logistics platform. You will track the status of your shipments in real time while also having access to every function you need for Samsung's global logistics, such as operation progress and indicators. This role plays a critical support function for driving growth through effective execution.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Logistics Operator
- Find best solutions based on data for operational issues
- Track and trace shipments(Air/Ocean/Rail/Truck) and update in Cello VMS(Visibility Management System)
- Daily liaison with customer, carriers, internal staffs to coordinate booking, pickup, tracking and proof of delivery with appropriate documentation
- Maintain essential documentation with up to date information to ensure shipment tracking and payment settlement, etc.
- Monitor account issues and communicate with management to implement and drive solutions
- Accuracy of data entry into Cello system as needed
Requirements for Logistics Operator
- 1+ year of experience with freight forwarding or shipping industry preferred but not required
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Highly organized with ability to manage multi-tasks while paying close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Works well under pressure and has a sense of urgency
- Strong work ethics
- College BA preferred
- Ability to speak Korean is plus